cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to update an item (having custom field) in the workflow task list before the task is completed

Jump to solution

I am using Assign a task action in nintex workflow for office 365. i want to update a field (not belonging task content type) in workflow task list before the completion of task i.e before the task is Approved or Rejected. 

Labels: (1)
6 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: How to update an item (having custom field) in the workflow task list before the task is completed

Jump to solution

Hi,

I never tried those solutions yet.

You can try to run a workflow on the Workflow task list on item creation. I know that with SharePoint Designer, there was an issue sometimes. I do not know if Nintex has worked around that.

You can also try to uncheck 'Waiting for Task Completion' in the Assign a Task action, store the Task Item ID in a variable and use it to update the Task in the next action.

Then you maybe need to do Loop with Conditions until a value change in your task or even use Parallel Block.

But please note that if you uncheck Waiting for Task Completion, you need to find another way to send reminder, like Scheduled List Workflow, for instance.

Regards,

Christophe

Workflow Hero

Re: How to update an item (having custom field) in the workflow task list before the task is completed

Jump to solution

Here is what I have successfully tried

1. Assign a Task for which you uncheck 'Waiting for Task Completion' and  store the Task Item ID in a variable strTaskID  and use it to update the Task in the next action.

2. Update List Item using the strTaskID

3. Add A Loop with Condition

4. Configuration of the Loop with Condition

5. Configuration of the Wait for Event in List Item

You will not go out of the loop until the Task is not Completed.

Hope it helps,

Christophe

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you so much...Your help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

That same functionality can be with nintex 2016 workflows

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Christophe Raucq‌, I'm having trouble with the beginning - storing the taskID in a string, as it defaults to an integer (0 until the task is completed).  I feel like I'm missing something.  I tried assigning the taskID to a collection or string but was unable to.  Not sure how to get to the point where I can set it to a GUID.

I am working out of Nintex Workflow for Office 365 if that makes any difference.   

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Chris,

Today, when I create the variable for Task ID, it is an integer.

But I still can select it to compare with GUID.

I do not have the time to check if it works.

Maybe you can also try to use ID instead of GUID.

Regards,

0 Kudos