cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

How to send task reminder with assigned task link in an email

Hi All,

I need to send a reminder email for a task for every 2 days with a link which points to the task that has been assigned to user

I have tried options to do this but couldn't able to make it because I am unable to pull out task link in my email for that particular user

please help me on this!

Thanks in advance.

sarath.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
francois
Nintex Newbie

Re: How to send task reminder with assigned task link in an email

In the configuration of the "Assign Task", there is a parameter which allow to send reminder email:

AssignTaskReminder.png

In the email body, there are 2 links to the task as the screen shot displayed.

Did you implement this action in your workflow?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Francois,

Thanks for the update,

but I want this to happen externally through an email with parallel task.

Thanks,

sarath.

0 Kudos
francois
Nintex Newbie

It seems there is a similar post here (about reminder): How to send a reminder email for task completion before task due date

About the link, you need to build it.

Get the Task Item ID on a Workflow Variable varTaskID (Task Item ID is initialized in the Assign A Task action), read the item in the Task list to get the Title (Query List action) and make the link about that element to put it in the notification.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

.....it was the one created by me earlier but the solution which was provided was not working in my case

I am unable to get TaskID while task creation and getting a blank value in the reminder email

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Maybe that post would help you? https://community.nintex.com/community/tech-blog/blog/2016/09/06/linkin-tasks-or-how-to-get-that-pes...?

Anyway, I'm just pinging to find out whether you solved the issue with the help found in the Community or by yourself? If by yourself - can you share your solution? Can you mark any from the answers as "Correct"?
Regards,
Tomasz
0 Kudos