cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to retrieve the workflow status value

I would like to load a text variable with a Nintex "EM Request Status" workflow status value.  How can I return the Description Text to the text variable?

Labels: (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
olampl11
Nintex Newbie

Re: How to retrieve the workflow status value

Sorry if my answer was stupid. But so far I can see you only have to press the "Insert" Button.

Regards

Oliver

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Yah, I know... It's seems simple.  Insert and go!  I wish it was that easy.  Thanks for the response.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Jackson,

The workflow status value will be given in numbers as below. So you have to select the integer or number variable instead of text variable. which makes your work bit easy. Although status display name shows in text values actual value of status will be in numbers as below

NumberMember nameDescription
0NotStartedThe workflow has not started.
1FailedOnStartIndicates that the workflow encountered an error when it started.
2InProgressWorkflow is currently in progress.
3ErrorOccurredAn error occurred during the execution of the workflow.
4StoppedByUserWorkflow execution was halted by a specified user.
5CompletedThe workflow is completed.
6FailedOnStartRetryingIndicates that the workflow is being retried after it failed to start.
7ErrorOccurredRetryingIndicates that the workflow is being retried after an initial failure.
8ViewQueryOverflowThis member is reserved for internal use and is not intended to be used directly from your code.
15MaxThis member is reserved for internal use and is not intended to be used directly from your code.

For example see below screen shot which worked for me. Here Legal Review is my workflow name.

If you add any new status to be displayed in workflow status column.But it will be given with unique id same as above. To get the status code value follow below steps

1. create share point list/library view as Datasheet view

2. In the workflow column you can see status code of the workflows

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thanks for the response.  I'm working with O365 Nintex. The Nintex workflow status column is a "hyperlink or picture" data type.  

Great idea for to see the value of the workflow status from a Data Sheet.  In O365 we have “Quick View”.  When clicking on the hyperlink editor, the address of the workflow status and the display name are shown.  See below:

Address: <sitename>/_layouts/15/wrkstat.aspx?List=<quid>&WorkflowInstanceName=<quid>

Display text: Pending Finance Leader Approval

I need to retrieve the Display Text, “Pending Finance Leader Approval”.

In the Nintex workflow, I have the following configured.

Set Workflow Variable:

Then I click on the [fx] icon and choose the Description Text

Click the OK.

Click Insert and then Save buttons

Log:

Log the variable, vWorkflowStatus and publish the workflow. 

I then publish workflow, close the Nintex window and test.  When I run the workflow, the log indicates that the vWorkflowStatus is blank. 

When I reopen the workflow, the Set Workflow Variable action has an explanation mark. shown below.  If I go through the process of resetting the variable as indicated above, the explanation mark disappears. 

Not applicable

sorry i thought it is with nintex 2010 or 2013. I have no idea about the Nintex 365.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

did you get same problem when you select "As string " from the below ?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Yes, unfortunately.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

why don't you try below thing

1. extract the status value from the <sitename>/_layouts/15/wrkstat.aspx?List=<quid>&WorkflowInstanceName=<quid> by using substring

2. Then assign this value to variable, it reads same as display text i assume. try to print this variable vlaue in one of your columns.

Let us see what the workflow finally giving us as output.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

I'm not sure what you mean by "extract the status value from the <sitename>/_layouts/15/wrkstat.aspx?".  This is the Workflow Status page for the workflow instance.  Is there a way to retrieve a value from this page?  Secondly, It's seems very convoluted.

0 Kudos