Solved

How to retrieve actionable message content without OData "coding"

• 9 March 2018
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +6

Hello fellow Nintexers.  I am starting to work with actionable messages in O365.  Specifically, I want to pull the message from the task list into my main form.  The problem is, if I don't do a Regular Expression trimming and Get Item from Collection, I get something that looks like this - [{"OData__Comments":"Have a nice time"}].  If I add these actions to get a nice looking "Have a nice time." and the user doesn't actually enter anything into the Actionable Message, the WF terminates because "Index property is greater than the number of items in the collection."  How have you all dealt with this issue.  It would be great is the Query list action just dropped off the "[{"OData__Comments":" stuff, but I'll be happy for now with the added functionality.

icon

Best answer by cbeene 13 March 2018, 17:17

View original

1 reply

Badge +6

I figured out the solution to my problem and wanted to share if other have the same issue. In the Query List action, if you select "Separate output per column" you get a collection variable filled with [null] instead of [{"OData__Comments":"null"}].  You then don't need a "Regular Expression" trimming action and your "Get Item from Collection" action just coverts the [null] to an empty string.  No erroring out.