Task Not Showing in K2 Task List

Badge +2

HI All, 
I have facing a critical issue in K2 process. when i run the process its contains approval task activity. when its reached to the approval task activity its asssigned the task to the some specified group and the taks is available in worklist but the task is not showing in k2 task list in application page. I dont know why the task is not showing in K2 task list in web application. Could you please anyone help me for this

Regards,

Naveen 

13 replies

Badge +7

Hello,

When creating your process did you add the sharepoint intergration? 

Kind regards

Nelly

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Naveen,

If I understand you correctly, you used a group (presumably SharePoint group) as the destination for the client event. But members of the group are not seeing the task in their worklist.

If this is an accurate summary of the issue, it sounds to me like perhaps that group's membership has not been cached yet. Usually, if you set a group as a task destination, it can take up to 8 hours for that group's membership to get resolved and stored in the cache.

So, the questions are:

1. Have I described the situation correctly?
  2. Do the tasks show up after 8 hours or so?
  3. Is the process instance in error state?

If it is just a matter of group resolution, it should "go away" after a few hours. If the tasks NEVER show up, it may be an issue with Kerberos, for example. If the instance is in error state, it could be that the group was set incorrectly as the destination.

Hope this helps,

Gail

Badge +2

Hi Gail,

You have understood my problem exactly. I have started the instance yesterday but till i couldnt have the task in task list for the test user.

I have answerd your question here.

1. Have I described the situation correctly? 

Yes.

2.Do the tasks show up after 8 hours or so?

No. the  tasks doesn't showing in the task list. 

3. Is the process instance in error state?

Still the process in active state for more in the worklist i can able to see the task through K2 workspace.

Badge +2

Hi Nelly,

yes i intergrated the process with sharepoint. This process working fine for last month. Now a days only the issues occuring

Badge +7

Hi, 

Just to find out did you make any changes on your process or on the web application? 

I suggest you run the integration wizard again and see if that won't resolve the issue you might be facing.

Nelly

Badge +2

Hi Nelly,

Could you please explain me about the  intergration wizard you mentioned here. you point the integartion wizard means in the Central admin or K2 studio Infopath intergratiokn wizard which one you are point here.

Awainting for your response.

Regards,

Naveen 

Badge +7

hi, 

I am refering to the sharepoint intergration wizard. K2 Worklist contains all the work items for the current user that has been generated and assigned by the workflow process .

Nelly

Badge +2

Hi Nelly,

Sorry for asking you again about the intergration wizard.

are you refering sharepoint configuration wizard as intergartion wizard? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Naveen,

It sounds like either your group resolution is failing, or Kerberos delegation is failing.

To test group resolution: 

Using the SmartObject Services Tester, execute the UMUser SmartObject's "Find Group Users" method. Provide the name of the group, and the Security Label (probably "SP" if you are using SharePoint groups, or "K2" if using AD groups). If you get results, then group resolution is fine. If no results, then I'd suggest you open a support ticket.

Assuming group resolution is working, I'd check to see if the user is actually making it all the way to K2 to retrieve worklist items.

On the K2 server, open C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin, then find the most recent HostServerXXXX_y.log (XXXX will be a date, and y will be a number, 1 or greater). In this file, look to see if you see the message that "NT AUTHORITYANONYMOUS LOGIN" does not have any worklist items, or similar.

Hope that helps,

Gail

Badge +2

Hi Gail,

I have tried the UMUser SmartObject's "Find Group Users" method here the parameter for this method asking fully qualified group name.

I have provide the sharepoint group name but its not retriving any user. I am not sure the group resolution is not working or i have failed to provied exact group name to this method. here i have attached the screenshot. Please look into the screenshot eihter i have provide correct name or not.

First i have tried the Get Group method for getting exact name for my destination group and i have passed the group name for the following method.

15785i20A44119E8DC72B1.png

Badge +7

Hi,

Just a quick question how is the group named in AD?

Nelly

Badge +4

Hi RAKDCA,

Try looking at the following.

>Open workspace

>Click "Management"

>Click "Management Console"

>Expand "Servername:5555"

>Expand "SmartObjects"

>Expand "Services"

>Click "AD Service2"

>Select "AD Service2" and Click edit