Solved

How to extract user profile properties data in Nintex Forms for O365

• 2 April 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hello all!

I have a  'People' type control named: Requester
Default Value of control: Current User (Display Name)
Displayed value: BANQUERIGO, CELSO

I have a Calculated Value control named: CurrentUserCalc
Formula: Requester

Displayed value of 'CurrentUserCalc': i:0#.f|membership|celso.banquerigo2@apria.com

How do I extract (to auto-populate other fields) 'Manager', 'Title', etc.  from i:0#.f|membership|celso.banquerigo2@apria.com

If this has already been discussed in the forum, please direct me to that page.

Thank you so much for your help.

icon

Best answer by eharris04 16 April 2018, 20:34

View original

4 replies

Badge +17

Celso,

Based on your response to User Profiles in Office 365 Simplified , I am marking this question as resolved. 

Where is the solution?

Badge +1

That is my question too

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Attributes such as Manager, Department and Title can be looked up from the User Profile service.

To get started, the Nintex Forms application needs access to User Profiles in the Tenant.

Navigate to Site Contents and click on the Nintex Forms app.
On the next screen at the top right there is the Nintex Forms Admin menu.
Click the Allow Application Access to User Profiles link which will take you to a page to trust the app.
This action needs to be performed by a tenant administrator.

To display attributes in a Nintex Form the userProfileLookup() runtime function is used.
For Classic and Responsive Forms drag on a Calculated Value control onto the canvas and enter a formula such as : 

userProfileLookup(Current User (Email),"Manager")

The function requires two parameters. The first is the users Email address (In this example I have used the "Common" reference of Current User (Email)) and the second is the attribute to be returned.
New Responsive Forms do not have a Calculated Value control but User Profile attributes can be displayed in a Text - Short control as the "Default Value".
The Default Value formula is formatted like:

userProfileLookup([Context].[Current user email],"Department")

Note that the Text - Short control may not populate in Preview mode when using a New Responsive Form so publish the form and test it by creating a new item in the list.