Solved

How to disable required fields in a panel within multiple panels?

• 26 September 2017
  • 6 replies

I have 3 panels in my form which can be enabled/disabled through a checkbox (Panel A. B and C) and each panel has their own required fields. What I want to do is that whenever I will choose a panel, for example Panel A, Panel B and Panel C's required fields functionality will be disabled so that I'll be able to submit the form. Is there a rule to make this possible? I am new to Nintex Forms and I have no idea on how to this one. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by abdullahfahmi91 27 September 2017, 10:07

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

You should write it on your rules.

in Pseudo Code:

sample for a control on panel B:

ControlB="" and CHECKBOXB=true 

You should always include your checkboxes logic on the rules

Hi Fernando,

I already have rules that allows me to hide the panel and fields but the disable option of the validation does not take effect.

Badge +5

I think for the required fields inside panel, should not be made Required by default.
Instead, the required fields will have a rule which check if the checkbox of the panel they are in is ticked (means if the panel is enabled), then it will be required.

Badge +4

Abdullah and Fernando are right. You'll want to change all the controls to not be required and instead create validation rules on each one. The rule should ensure that the field value is not blank and that the checkbox to show the panel that the control is in, is checked. These validation rules will function as setting the fields to required only if the panel is visible.

Thank you so much!!

Thank you so much!!