Can I Convert a completed Infopath form (.xml file) saved in a docLib to a .pdf using a workflow?

• 17 December 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge

Let me start off by saying I am new and very green to both Sharepoint and Nintex. So I will apologize upfront if this question is a dumb one. I am a maintenance Supervisor and we have decided to create Team Sharepoint sites to help organize some routine functions and close communication gaps. I have created a form using Infopath that my techs fill out daily and then submit it to a Document Library on their Sharepoint site. I have the Form published to a Form library on the same site. When the tech submits his form it is saved in the Document Library as a Infopath .xml file. I saw in Nintex Workflow that their is an Action called Convert. I have been trying to figure out how or if I can make it take the .xml file and convert it to a .pdf file. If that is possible to do the next step would be to delete the original .xml file. What I am trying to accomplish is preventing someone from being able to open a completed form and making changes to it after it has been submitted and I can't find any other way to protect those .xml files. I'm not sure that a workflow can do what I am trying to do.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Brian Sheehan

I can try to attach the Infopath file if it is needed. 

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,
The Convert Document action uses Word Automation services to do the conversion.
According to Microsofts docuemntation about the service it appears that it does not handle infopath xml.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/office/developer/sharepoint-2010/ee558830(v=office.14)