Getting a Button to Automatically Click

Badge +4

Hi All, I have a hidden but enabled button on a form that I'd prefer to control programatically.

I have a View that the client enters some data in when the last field is selected is sets a value on a check box to True on the main form (this works fine)

as the 'run another rule' rule doesn't work for a button on a form from the view level. I have added the checkbox so that I can use it's change event to drive the click.

on the Check Box change event I have two rules

When Checkbox is Changed

then execute 'button' control's Focus method (configure)

then execute the When 'Button' is Clicked Rule

However this only works if I have a 'message rule' prior to the focus method.

I have tried to run the initized form rule thinking it may be something to do with the forms focus.

But that didn't work either.

If I make the Button Visible I can click it and everything works as it should. However preferably I'd rather the client not see the button

and just do the click when I programically request it.

Does anyone have a solution to this perplexing issue.

3 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

Can you not transfer the click event logic run under the Checkbox change event instead of trying to fire the button click event.

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi Keith

Maybe think about moving the View rules to the Form level, then it should be a simple matter of calling the button click event when the check box change event fires.

Badge +4

Thanks All, moving the checkbox to the form and using it's change event from the View, works.

in the Checkbox I have the 'Run Another Rule' which then fires off the Button Click event.

This is a great trick when yo have some Rules that you would like to use over and over a bit like a procedure or function and then hide the button from the view of the user.

Regards

Keith