cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

How to autofill a Nintex form with SharePoint user profile information?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have recently started to use Nintex Forms & Workflows with O365 SharePoint online.

Yesterday I created a list and a Nintex form. When I create a new item the form appears with some fields that I have to fill. But I would like to have these fields to be autofilled with information from my SharePoint user profile.

I got 3 fields; department, telefonnumber and address. Instead of typing it should be posible to fetch information from my user profile?

Appreciate if someone can help me.

Thanks!

12 Replies
Warwick
Nintex Newbie

Re: How to autofill a Nintex form with SharePoint user profile information?

Jump to solution

Still waiting for this functionality to be released for Nintex Workflow for Office 365, on-premise its the UserProfileLookup runtime function.

I hope we don't have a wait to long! come one Nintex devs! we all want this feature!

View solution in original post

rm
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Unfortunately on-premise there is no option to set this in the default value of a textbox - therefore it is useless for this issue :-(

Warwick
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Yeah you're right, I use it to display user details. As all info is sync from AD (and from HR system into AD), so if they want to change details they need to update in HR system. But I can see other scenarios where it could be useful, a bit of JavaScript should copy over the data from a few hidden calculated fields to text boxes.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Okey so that feature is not in Nintex online. Didnt know about it before but thank you for your reply.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I need this functionality as well

Do you know a temporary workaround to get the user information? If it's possible.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Yesterday I went to a Nintex event meeting in Stockholm, Sweden. I asked about it and they have no plan to add that function.

0 Kudos
Warwick
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Yeah Nintex never like to give a clear answer it seems, last I was told it's on their roadmap of features and "sometime this year". Though I never get my hopes up with Nintex dates

I still have my fingers crossed it will be soon! (along with List View which is another major control missing from Office 365)

Not applicable

Jump to solution

They need to listen more from the users!

ramanrao521
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

The manager name auto populated in nintex on prem, You can use this following formula in calculated column.userProfileLookup(userProfileLookup(Requestor,"Manager"),"PreferredName"). In this Requestor is current user.