cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How reliable (stable) do you find Nintex on the O365 platform? Does it hiccup?

I'm finding two troubling behaviors.

1) Sometimes workflows do not proceed beyond a Task. The Task shows complete in the Workflow history, but the workflow hangs. I insert a Log to History action right after, and the workflow never hits it. The workflow doesn't hit suspend, or any other distressed status.

2) Sometimes New Items don't trigger a workflow designed to start with New Items. This can be 1 in 10 or 1 in 20.

I'm sitting here with a nearly finished project that sometimes doesn't work correctly. I just logged 10 concurrent requests and got 10 of 10. But this morning I logged a single instance to show a colleague, and in a 15 minute show-and-tell one New Item didn't trigger the workflow and one workflow stalled out at a Completed Task.

I have a few tickets in with Nintex support (and one issue already identified as a bug), but I'd love to hear from anyone reading here who has found Nintex O365 to be 99.9% reliable, or a bit shaky at certain times?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: How reliable (stable) do you find Nintex on the O365 platform? Does it hiccup?

I have had similar issues(been using it on O365 for almost a year).  It's been stable as far as I know for the past month or two.  But when testing projects sometimes workflows do not start, or suspend for no reason.  If they suspend, I terminate the workflow and restart and no problem.  Why it does this I don't know.  I have more issues with Nintex Forms in O365(it's horrible).

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Re: How reliable (stable) do you find Nintex on the O365 platform? Does it hiccup?

Thanks for taking the time to reply! I'm still trying to wrap my head around how the platform works and doesn't work. I fired off 20 test workflows this morning (each with 6 tasks), and not one of the 120 tasks hung. I asked support if they thought my issue could happen if services were in any way degraded at that point. He said it was hard to say, and that it was difficult to gather that kind of information (is it tenant related or Nintex related) because MS doesn't provide access to that detail of logging.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Because of the lack of clarity(I'm in the same boat, constantly going between Nintex/MS), I build all large high priority apps on-prem, and everything else on O365(if it breaks it's not a big deal).  Also because of the way Nintex licenses work.  We let our license expire recently(contract issues), and I found out that when it does, your workflows/forms stop working altogether(immediately terminate) across your whole O365 environment.  Unlike on-prem where if you don't pay, your workflows/forms still work, you just can't use Nintex to edit or create new workflows.  I'm not sure that I'm ready to invest time into large applications in O365 if in the future we decide to go with an alternate workflow solution and have to rebuild all over again.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

You are not alone, I can confirm a smiliar behavior.

Most of the time the workflows are running as expected, and then for "no reason". The workflow execution time exceeds  from minutes to an hour or longer.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

O365 Workflows is definitely is not 100% reliable. I've had issues with emails within State Machines sending multiple times or infinitely looping and sending management 400+ emails. When I opened a ticket about it I was just told to rebuild the state machine and that Nintex can't see why it breaks because it is all in the cloud on Microsoft's side.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply