How many workflow instances can run at a time?

• 20 June 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +9

Simple as the questions states, hopefully someone can point me to some system documentation.

Looking at workflow health there is only ever a max of 100 workflow instances running or completed reported, this is on a list of 500 items and I stated the workflow on every list item. So I take it only a max of 100 can be running at a time, is this a Nintex restriction or SharePoint workflow service?

for the 500 items it took about 6 hours to complete on all items. It is a rather large SM workflow, but wow this this must have a steam engine powering it along happy.png

Message was edited by: Warwick Ward - Changed to Workflow Instances rather than just workflows

2 replies

Badge +8

I think in O365 this is limited on the license your company bought.

Because the resources you've needed should be available as needed. (That is the big advantage by using the cloud )

Regards

Oliver

Badge +9

I'm not aware of any limitations like that, we are under the "old" user based license currently at the enterprise level. And the new licensing is based on actual workflows not workflow instances as far as I'm aware.(that's why I'm having to move to large state machine workflows - rather than smaller quicker running workflows...)

I'm leaning towards system limitation on Nintex side, I'll have to run some test to see what happens with SPD workflows.