Solved

How do I resize a panel in form designer?

• 8 August 2017
  • 2 replies

I have a form which has controls located on panels. The panels are used to apply rules to hide or show the groups of controls. I want to change the text on a label and so I will need additional space on the form.  To do this I want to shrink some nearby labels and controls and resize the panel they sit on. However, the panel will not let me reduce its vertical size using the handle (see highlighted handle on attached image). Can someone advise how I should do this?

I have had my Nintex workflow system built for me by an experienced Nintex designer but I have little experience myself. The main things I need to do are to amend on-form text and re-size labels and controls (and panels) to accommodate those changes and ensure the text shows on the published form.

icon

Best answer by bstori 8 August 2017, 16:58

View original

2 replies

Badge +7

What I would do is resize all your controls and then move them up so space is at the bottom of the panel and then resize your panel from the bottom. If you have controls in your panel touching the bottom of your panel you can not change the vertical height from the top (for some reason).

Thanks Ben, that works. Who'd have thought you can resize a panel from the bottom but not from the top? Thanks again for your speedy reply.