K2 - Infopath Error & Solution when using XML File data connections & converting them to udc files

• 17 September 2008
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

Hi,

When using XML file data connections which need to be converted to udc files I constantely received "The solution has not been opened. The following error occured on opening: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: fileURL". This error happened in VisualStudio after converting a data connection in Infopath to an udc file resulting in an inability to edit the Infopath Form from the Visual Studio K2 anymore.

Looking up the Infopath manifest.xsf I found out that no fileURL for the XML data file was assigned by Infopath during the conversion process. The solution was to edit the Infopath manifest.xsf manually (see http://k2underground.com/forums/thread/21566.aspx for info how to do this). By adding the URL to the source (be sure to replace any & by &), I was able to use the Infopath form again without errors.

1 reply

Badge +4

Hello Blake,

Looking up my installed programms it says "K2[blackpearl] Server 0803 (4.8075.1.0)" which should be the 803 release.
I wasn't aware of this KB article but either this error still happens in the 803 release or something is wrong with my installation.

Regards,

Bernhard