cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I copy workflow from one site collection to another in o365

Jump to solution

Hi

How do I copy workflow from one site collection to another, I think what I am after is this (Ability to Create Reusable Worfklows – Customer Feedback for Nintex ), which is currently not available. How would I achieve this with current features?

Thanks

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: How do I copy workflow from one site collection to another in o365

Jump to solution

I believe the best way to copy/resuse a workflow design from one site or list to another site or list somewhere else would be to Export that workflow and import it in the target.

Importing and exporting workflows

You can import and export Nintex workflows designed within Nintex Workflow for Office 365 to and from Office 365 lists, libraries, and sites. Workflows exported from Nintex Workflow for Office 365 are saved as .nwp files.

Note: Only site workflows can be imported to a site; only list workflows can be imported to a list or document library.

To export a workflow

1. Open the workflow that you want to export.For instructions, see Opening workflows.
  2. Click Export in the ribbon.The browser determines if the site is trusted and then initiates the file download process.
    1. Note: If the file download process does not begin, then the browser may not trust the site. To configure your browser to trust the site, add the Office 365 domain to your trusted sites. ExampleOffice 365 domain: https://*.sharepoint.com
  3. Respond to prompts from the web browser to download and save the workflow.

To import a workflow

1. Access the Nintex Workflow designer for the destination list, library, or site.For instructions, see Accessing the Nintex Workflow designer.
  2. Click Import in the ribbon.
  3. In the Choose file to upload dialog box, browse to and select the workflow file (.nwp), and then click Open.The workflow opens in the Nintex Workflow designer.

Documentation

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

You can also use Sharegate to easily copy from one place to the other.  Sharegate is Nintex's recommended migration tool which works perfectly well in this case.  Please note that Sharegate requires a paid license.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi, Nihhal Bassan​, If you reach a solution resulting from this thread, please select a "correct answer." It's helpful for others in the community seeking correct answers.  If you're still looking, we'll await your feedback. Thank you!

0 Kudos