cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaunlub
Nintex Newbie

How can I protect attachments on 365 Forms?

Jump to solution

On Responsive 365 forms, I can disable the attachment controls using a rule, but users are still able to delete the attached file if they open the form in edit mode - even though the control is supposed to be disabled. It only seems that adding new attachments is disabled. Deleting the current ones is NOT disabled. Is there any way of disabling the deletion function, too. I would still like the attachements to be openable, though.

There may be a way of doing this through the HTML link control - but I have several attachment controls, all of which I want to make read-only after they are disabled.

How can this be done in 365 Responsive Forms?

19 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: How can I protect attachments on 365 Forms?

Jump to solution

Hi shaunlub

Could you please specify how have you setup the rule to disable the attachment control? 

0 Kudos
shaunlub
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi, thanks for the reply. I am using a rule that is looking at an Item Property (SharePoint column), mostly. Here this rule is looking at 2 columns-

With Ready to Submit equal to Yes, and MOC Status equal to Primary Review, this control should be locked....

I cannot add an attachment, but I am free to delete it...

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Can you modify the condition: Ready-to-Submit-YN !='No' && MOC Status !='Returned to Initiator' ? 

If this does not work, can you tell what type of column are they? choice - Radio button and Single line text?

0 Kudos
shaunlub
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thank you, but that made no difference here.

The columns are Yes/No and Single line text.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

I just did the test: the attachment is disabled.

0 Kudos
shaunlub
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Nope - the delete button is still working on my attachment controls.

I've also had to change the rule back to checking for equal to 'Yes'. I have tried different attachment controls; moving controls off from panels. No different.

I would ask that you test, but set the default of your Yes/No column  to No => this is usually set to Yes - so when the form opens this is already Yes. It needs be default No, otherwise controls are locked by rules, then be set to No by the form. On next opening the control should be locked, checking only on column values.

All other input controls in this section of the form are hidden using similar rules. I have tried copying these rules, too - they do not disable the attachment delete button.

0 Kudos
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Shaun Junor-Oiwa‌,

Rather than Checked!='No' can you try Checked==true

Cheers,
Euan

0 Kudos
shaunlub
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, no further forward. Using ==true, everything is editable.

The column is Yes/No, with No as the default value.

I've tried bringing the comparison onto the form as a calculated value containing the column:

Using contains() instead of equals() or =='Yes', I still get the control to half-lock: i.e. unable to add an attachment (Add file button is locked); but clicking on the X mark does delete the attachment file.

0 Kudos
shaunlub
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I can also reproduce this on a brand new list/form. Which convinces more that this is a bug. I can send a copy of this form export file if anyone is curious.

The X button is greyed out - but is still active.

0 Kudos