Solved

How can I print an entire form when using panels

• 10 March 2017
  • 6 replies

I'm using panels and javascript to hide/show certain panels to create the "page effect" as described in articles here. But when using the Print to PDF or browser Print options I only get the current visible panel?

Can I add a button and some javascript to reference the entire form or use some other technique?

icon

Best answer by courtney_shelto 10 March 2017, 22:41

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hey Phil,

Most times, when using the "page effect," I've seen it done such that all panels are visible on "View." Is that not how yours are set up?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I would agree with Courtney and say that your best bet will be to make all panels visible to get the best printing experience.  You could probably make this as an option on the form, such as a check box that says display entire form, for example.  

Badge +9

Hi Phil,

You can add custom CSS classes to your panel, like .printShow. From there, use the media type of print to show all panels that contain the .printShow class. I have a blog post on how to alter a form in print here: Have Print, Will Edit! — inFormed 

Thank you,

Sean Fiene

i already have the print button in my form, but cannot print the content of the form, i am using IE version 9 but when i tried IE version 11 can print the content. Is the print button not compatible with IE version 9?

Thanks Courtney that worked! It's often the simple answers that work the best.

If I use the browser print function it doesn't work at all or not right, but no surprise there.....

But if I use the "Print to PDF" option this works well in View mode and I added the PDF page breaks to make sure it splits the pages out appropraitely.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hey Phil,

Sounds great! Glad I was able to help you out. Happy Nintexing!