cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hiding things in a workflow email like you do an a form

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I have a new starters form created in Nintex.

I have a section asking what type of device they want.

I have a Yes/No for Laptop. I have an additional drop down for a type of laptop and it's hidden on the form unless the laptop box os ticked and it works great.In the workflow, I have a "Send an email" but which has a summary of the request in the body.

In the body i have:

Laptop: Required  {Current Item: laptop}

Laptop Type: {Current Item:laptop type}

When the email comes in, if the Laptop Required is No, I still get the default value for the laptop Type in the email.

is there a way to do in the body like I've done on the form? So, the email will only show the laptop type if laptop=Yes?

I could remove most of the body, leaving the link to the form

Is there anything else I could try?

Tags (1)
7 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Hiding things in a workflow email like you do an a form

Jump to solution

In that case you need to format your email on a workflow variable and then use it on the notification.

There are some old discussions about this subject >>> Formatting Nintex email notifications

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Aaron, thanks for posting your question. If I understand you correctly, you would like the email to have different text based on the selections in the form. Just a quick idea on how you can do this, at the point you want the email to send out have a Condition action. The condition is If Laptop is equal to Yes. In the Yes branch, have the email with the body text you need and use the Item Property references to insert the Laptop and Laptop Type values. In the No branch, have a second email action with the body text you need without these values.

In this case, only one email will deliver and it will work dynamically based on the form selection. See if that works for you. There are always other ways to accomplish this though, but this seemed the most basic.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

In the workflow create a variable that is blank unless the laptop box is checked, and include it in the email body instead of your current content:

1. Create a new workflow variable of type Multiple lines of text. Default value should be empty.
  2. Before your email action, insert a Run If action. Configure it to run only if the laptop box is ticked in the form.
    post1.PNG
  3. Inside the Run If, set the workflow variable you created with the content required in your email
    post2.PNG
  4. In your email action, remove your current lines and insert your new variable instead.
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks Andrew. I ended up doing this in another workflow and seemed to work alright.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi T M,

Thanks for that. That looks pretty good. I definitely going to try that out.

Cheers

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Thanks Aaron for responding back. We look forward to knowing how you resolve your current issue. It didn't seem that a second workflow was required, but it is always an option. T M demonstrates perfectly what I had in mind as a solution. If this provides the solution you need, please mark his response as answer or let us know if you need further discussion. Happy Nintexing!

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Did this work out for you?

0 Kudos