cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hi, How can i display xml data from repeating section in nintex form as a html table in the list?

I am currently working on a workflow where sellers from my company can request to loan out items to other companies.

I've created a nintex form and placed some fields inside the repeating section box, the data from the fields inside the repeating section are displayed as xml format in the column connected to the repeating section in the list, is there any way I can display the data as a html table?

The next step is create a workflow for the loan request to be reviewed and approved. I am trying  to design the initial email sent out for approval so that the approver will be able to see what and when will be loaned out and the approver will be able to use lazy approval to approve or reject the request. The challenge I am facing right now is that the fields in the repeating section cannot be connected to any columns in the list and when I choose the "Item Properties" to show in the initial email it can't display the data inside the repeating section.

I was thinking If I can display the xml data as a html table I can select the Item properties of the column connected to the repeating section to be displayed in the initial email sent out for approval.

Really appreciate if anyone can help me with this!

Thank you in advance for any help provided!!!

Chen Zhen

11 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Hi, How can i display xml data from repeating section in nintex form as a html table in the list?

Hi,

You should be able to use the Query XML action to massage the data from XML to HTML. Have you repeating section detail as your input (in my case I was populating into a column) and create some xslt code to do the conversion, storing the result in a multiline text variable.

To give you an idea, here is the setup on my Query XML action:

The associated xslt is attached. I am not a code guru, so I apologise if any aficionados of code take offence at my attempts! It does the job!

It should be a matter of changing all the references from my field names to your own.

Cheers,

Mark

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Re: Hi, How can i display xml data from repeating section in nintex form as a html table in the list?

Hi Mark,

I appreciate the effort you've put in to reply this question.

Sorry if I didn't make it clear the last time but I am using Nintex for O365. Is the solution above only for Nintex on Premise? From what I am seeing it looks like Nintex for O365 does not have some of the features like the output 1 & 2 and the process using XSLT feature.

Thanks in advance!

Chen Zhen

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Sorry Chen Zhen,

I dont have any exposure to the O365 product, so my solution is based on the on prem version. Hopefully someone else can assist you with this in the online environment.

Cheers,

Mark

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Thanks a lot any way I appreciate your effort!

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi Chen,

I kind of got this to work for one of my workflows but didn't actually need it in the end.

I used a Query XML to query each column of the panel to a collection as this link (didn't use the RegEx part of it): Nintex Workflow - Parsing Nintex Forms Repeating Section in Office 365 - Vadim Tabakman

I then used a For Each to build the variables..(Quant is the name of my column)

Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 2.38.02 PM.png

And then a build string to build an HTML table for that column..

Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 2.38.55 PM.png

I didn't try to replicate the entire panel in a table, as I actually needed one specific column in an email, but I imagine you could just add the additional columns into Build String.

I also didn't worry about table headers as the data in the tables was obvious to the person looking at it.

Hope this helps you on your way.

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi Aaron!

Thank you so much for the information! I am going to try it tomorrow.

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi Aaron,

I quite new to this. Can you please show me your XML Query Configuration?

Thanks!

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi again,

Here is the control config for one of the XML queries....

Screen Shot 2016-07-12 at 11.14.50 AM.png

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Mark

I am not sure what you mean by 'Repeating Section Detail'? My repeating section has several fields within it but there is not a singular {item property} that represents the repeating section only the individual fields within it.

Thanks

Nick

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply