cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

HTML Variable in "Send an email" Aciton

Jump to solution

I have a variable with HTML content and tokens that I replace during the workflow.

• when I use the ASSIGN A TASK action and but the html variable in the BODY. I receive a correctly HTML formatted email.
  • when I use the SEND AN EMAIL action I receive an email with HTML TEXT (basically the HTML as the body) so its not a correctly formatted email.

so I guess what I need to have is the HTML Variable go directly into the <Source> view of the BODY in the SEND AN EMAIL action.

any advise.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: HTML Variable in "Send an email" Aciton

Jump to solution

Hi,

in the Send notification action settings, have you set the action to send as Rich Text and not as Plain Text?

Giacomo

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am using NWF 365. I do not see an option for "rich text" or "plain text" formatting.

Regards,

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

You should have seen it - once you are in the "Body" of your message you can use the "Advanced Lookup" button, then choose your variable, and then click this little "fx" button next to it, where you can choose the outcome format.

Regards,

Tomasz

Regards, Tomasz Poszytek
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Tomasz Poszytek‌ - When you said, "click this little 'fx' button next to it, where you can choose the outcome format", which format outcome are you suggesting to choose?  When I do this with a Text based variable I get the following options:

Are you suggesting that there should be an "HTML" option listed?  In general, I want to add an HTML table for formatting field names and values.  I haven't found a way to do that in the text editor for the Send an Email action or for a Task notification in Office 365.

(Except in the Task action the text editor for email has a similar table included by default, which I can copy and paste.)

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hmm... That is a good question. No, I have never seen any return type being "HTML". If you have a RichHTML multiline text field in your list, then the default return type (and other options) won't as well show anything like "HTML", it's always just a "String":

If you put a value of your field into the String variable you have many possible outcomes, but not HTML either.

Sooo... I can't tell what I had in my mind.

Have you tried to copy-paste the table from Word, for example? 

Regards,

Tomasz

Regards, Tomasz Poszytek
0 Kudos