HTML Syntax Issue

• 5 December 2017
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

I have a workflow that copies a line item from one library to another, then deletes the original.  For some reason, whenever the line item beng copied has a description filled out, the copied description has all of the HTML Syntax visible.  Nothing else I've done causes this bug, and the workflow itself seems to work just fine, it's just this odd bug of it copying too much.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

4 replies

Badge +8

Are the field types the same from source to destination lists? If you convert the source field to plain text this may solve your issue.

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Hi, 

If you don't want any formatting, set the "Description" column as "Plain Text". Then the column captures only plain text and no html tags will be stored.

That did it!  The library being copied from was set to Enhanced rich text, while the library being copied to was set to Plain text.  I changed both to Rich text and the problem is fixed!  I imagine that copying from Plain to Rich might not have caused the same problem, but so long as they match, it seems to work just fine. 

Thanks!

L

Badge +8

Good deal Logan!

After you find the solution it's a good idea to mark an answer correct. That will help future users that have the same issue.