cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Getting Multiple running work flow of the same workflow

I scheduled a workflow to run once  in Nintex but I keep getting multiple running work flows. Lets I schedule the workflow to start 4:50pm, the workflows starts the same workflow will be triggered 10 min later (thereby creating multiple workflow). From a design perspective, I have run parallel actions setting where various users are assigned a task. The puzzle  here is: How come one scheduled time is triggering multiple running workflows

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Getting Multiple running work flow of the same workflow

Hello,

Can you try adding a Pause action as the first action within the workflow to see if this solves your issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hello Mike,

I tried the option you suggested and I see a significant improvement. But, it is still generating multiple running workflows. Any other insight?

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Do you have any Update Item or Set Field actions?  If so, please follow these actions with a Commit Pending Changes action.   This might help in the case that a timeout is occurring and causing multiple versions of workflows to launch.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thank you Mike. The Pause action. Thank you for your insight

Automation Master
Automation Master

Right on, I resort to Pause when Commit Pending doesn't do the trick.  Glad it is working for you now

0 Kudos