Get date/time in particular time zone?

• 2 August 2016
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Nintex for us defaults to US central time (like date/time item created).

We need it to always show the date in South Africa time, which is either +7 or +8 depending on the time of year, for a Send Email action.

We could do a tedious if date between this, add 7 hours or else if date between this add 8 hours, but just curious if there is a quicker and easier way to accomplish this?

6 replies

Badge +9

Have you tried setting the Regional Setting of your site to the required location and see if that makes any difference? (I'm not sure if it does)

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I did try that, and didnt see a reasonably immediate response (testing within an hour or so), the same date/time kept showing.  I suppose I could give it longer, but I would suspect to see results pretty immediately.

Badge +9

Yes I would expect it to take effect immediately.

What is your scenario in more details? 

Are you using a pause for Action? which action are you using within a work flow to send a email at a specific time? can you schedule a site workflow to start at a specific time?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

its sending the email immediately

this is a workflow for our operation in south africa, so the only users are actually in south africa

the time is what is important, but the only date it seems i can get is US Central time

Badge +9

So you picking up the date from where? a variable, workflow context?

Or are you talking about the time the email is showing as sent in users email clients?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

just the "Created" date, from the item properties