Solved

Find List Name with ListId?

• 8 April 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hey there - 

Using O365.

So in On-Prem I would just use CAML Query and put the list GUID in there and query it.  All I have at my disposal is the ListId, and the list coming back will be different sporadically. 

Within Query List, I HAVE to name a List via hardcoded dropdown so that won't work.

Within O365 Query List, it looks like it lets me use a variable to name my list - so, cool, closer - but how do I retrieve the name of the List that correlates to my ListId? 

Thank you!

Rhia

icon

Best answer by callum 9 April 2018, 07:03

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Tomasz Poszytek‌ | Andrew Glasser‌ | Caroline Jung‌ | Enrico Knapp‌ | Jesse McHargue

I don't really know anyone who uses O365 so I'm hoping one of you might?

I keep running into these situations where something is really simple in on-prem, but trying to duplicate it in O365 has me hitting roadblock upon roadblock, probably due to my inexperience with it.

All I want to do right now is use the results of my search query to update each item that comes back -- it could be in a different list -- and so the search query returns the ListId, and the Path. I don't think I can just "update this path" (?) so I've got the ID via RegEx, and now want to get the list via ListId....

Badge +9

Hi Rhia,

Let me speak to someone in the team who may have some ideas on this.

In the mean time you may want to try using the Call HTTP Web Service action to call the SPO REST API:

/_api/lists/getbyid('{Variable:YourListIDHere}')/entitytypename‍‍

I'll see if I can find a better solution for this.

Callum

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I was also thinking about a solution Callum has written about. You have to call list rest api to obtain its name knowing its GUID. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Ah thanks Callum, I hadn't even considered a REST API. That would work out. 

But if you have a better approach to what I'm trying to do above, I'd super appreciate it, and thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I feel dumb, I didn't think at all about REST APIs ... I think  I was scared they wouldn't work in SPO so I didn't even fire that brain cell  

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Awesome, this works. Thank you kindly!