Solved

Exchange Online create calendar item in Share Public Calendar

• 16 November 2015
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

Good day all.  Let me preface question with the fact that I am newer to Nintex.  And IT.

I have created a Time Off Workflow with the "Exchange Online create calendar item" action in it to write to the users personal calendar.  After some trying, I have everything set correctly to perform this action, for a regular users calendar to be written to.  This took some work in both the action and our Exchange set-up. Works great now.

My issue is when trying to do this to our company calendar, which originates from a Public Folder. This does not work.  I have enabled the mail settings in the a fore mentioned public folder.  But I cannot get it to work.

I keep getting an error in the workflow that example.user@exampleurl.com doesn't exist but I know it does as I see it listed in the Exchange command center under Public Folders.

Anybody out there make this happen and what to tell me how??

CB

icon

Best answer by cbeene 31 March 2016, 15:03

View original

3 replies

Badge +3

Hi Curtis, did you ever find a solution to this?

Badge +6

No I did not. However, I came up with another plan.  I will report back if I get the new plan to work.

Badge +6

Charlie Price ,

It appears that there is no way to update a Shared Public Folder calendar in Exchange via a workflow.  Everything I see indicates that MS is moving away from shared folders for community calendars anyway. My solution is as follows:

1) Create a "Resource Calendar" through the Exchange control panel.  I called my mine "Out-Of-Office".  You can use the "Exchange Online create calendar item" action to update this calendar.

2) Change the View of both the old and new calendar to "List".  This will allow you to copy data from you Shared Folder calendar to your new resource calendar so nothing is lost.

3) email your users and tell them to start using the new Calendar.

If you need anything, let me know.