Solved

Escalation doesn't work?

Badge +4

Hi,

I've got a "Assing A Task" action with "Escalate or auto-complete" option set to "Escalate to person or group":

202006_pastedImage_2.png

Any reminders are off.

Unfortunately this doesn't work (no emails, no tasks on Workflow Task List). Any ideas? 

icon

Best answer by TomaszPoszytek 2 May 2017, 10:07

View original

12 replies

Badge +6

Hi Maciej Flis

Everything seems to be fine here. Please check your configuration once and if possible post the screenshots. This might help you.  ..

Thanks 

Bashya Rajan A

Badge +4

Thanks Bashya for the link. I've checked once again settings and all are OK.

Please see the screenshot below:

Task settings

and this is simple test workflow with loop and one task action:

workflow

Badge +4

Hi,

try to Log to the WF history system value Curren date.

Maybe your system is using wrong datetime and your specified escalation time is in past.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Have you set the "fx" on "Created" to be "datetime"? Also, as Milan wrote - try to log your "Created" datetime and check if the condition you set (Created+2 minutes) can be met. Moreover - I guess this can work as some sort of a timerjob. Usually those are triggered every 5 minutes, but since this is O365, this timerjob cannot be provisioned to the tenant, but is possibly done as some sort of Remote Event Receiver that listens to the list. Now, as it is RER, it has it's lags, so either the 2 minutes timespan is too short to be caught or there is an issue with the time perception (timezones?).

So first - try to log the time, second - try to set the condition for ex. 1 hour.

Regards,

Tomasz

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

And you can also get familiar with this post: https://community.nintex.com/community/build-your-own/blog/2015/12/01/how-to-configure-escalate-and-auto-complete-options-on - maybe it will put some light on your issue?

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +4

Hi Milan,

Date is in good format:

Badge +4

Thanks Tomasz, I've read that already

Badge +4

From support team:

Hello,

Thank you for your patience whilst I investigated.

Due to the nature of the issue, I wanted to test multiple iterations and configurations to ensure the behavior was as expected.

If the Workflow Task action does not 'Wait for Task to be completed' then the Auto Complete function will not work as the action is considered complete. There is no workaround for this and I would recommend that you perhaps look at utilizing a different workflow design in order to achieve the task process that you require.

One possible workaround would be to create parallel actions to generate the tasks and await their completion however this could result in a very large workflow.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I thought about it. I mean - I was nearly sure it is caused by the fact, that the process does not wait for the task to be completed and the task itself is considered completed so the logic behind does not work. I experienced that as I was testing out your workflow in your second question: https://community.nintex.com/message/61699-re-issue-with-tasks-in-start-a-task-process 

If you think this explanation is sufficient and that you found answers for your question, please don't forget to mark one of them as "correct".

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +4

Explanation is correct but problem still occurs

For now I've apply workaround with Parallel Action. It's nasty (25 branches) but it works... 

I'm curious how big WF can be? Now I've almost 500kB. I can't split main WF into subWFs cos I'll be forced to pass a lots of parameters (+ item context) from main WF into subWFs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Well, it is said that workflow in O365 should not have more than 100 actions.

On the other hand - what is your design, that you cannot have the checkbox to wait checked? Why do you need to move forward once tasks are assigned?

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +4

My case is to send a task to Approver and Deputy (Deputy - person who can approve task instead of Approver) for a specific group of brands. Approver and Deputy are persons (not group).

I must collect and aggregate all SKUs by brand and send one email (one task) to Approver and Deputy.

So I'm collecting all rows (repeating section), aggregate them by Brand, and create a Task for each brand.

It is important that task can be approved/rejected only by Approver or Deputy so I must create one approval task for both (first response wins).