Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Empty initiator email

Jump to solution

Hi,

Does anyone already had this issue. Our client created a user to test a workflow.

I can login with it and create a new item that start a workflow but I can't retrieve the initiator email in the workflow (always empty), so I can't send email to it from the workflow.

Did we miss something when we create the test user?

I have create a user on my dev site without anything special and it worked.

Thanks

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
eharris04
Nintex Newbie

Re: Empty initiator email

Jump to solution

Samuel,

Can you explain the exact error you are seeing?

Do you have outgoing email turned on?

Does the test user have an email account listed inside their Active Directory Profile?

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually I don't see any error, it's just that in the workflow the initiator email is empty.

The user email is like this: testuser@tenant.onmicrosoft.com.

0 Kudos
eharris04
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Samuel,

When you say the initiator email is empty, do you mean when starting the workflow or when designing the workflow?  A screenshot would help us try and point you in the right direction.

Can you open the workflow to see if it contains an the appropriate action or provide a screenshot of the workflow itself?  Thanks

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Unfortunately I can't do it, the workflow is on our client's production environment.

The initiator email was empty when starting the workflow, I couldn't send an email to him for instance.

I think the problem was more because of the test account than the workflow itself.

0 Kudos
adri4n7
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hey samuelg,

From the looks of it the Test User was created and did not assign license then it will not have Exchange mailbox by default.

Thus, to have a test email account binded to that Test user, the tenant needs to go in to Sharepoint Tenant -> User Profiles -> Manage User profiles -> Find Profiles -> Edit My profile -> Enter under Work email

Note: Only tenant admin can do this and I guess it needs around 24 hours for it to reflect as it needs SP Online timer to updates some related stuff.

Let me know. Hopefully it helps .

Regards,

Adrian

View solution in original post

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks Adrian,

I'm not the tenant admin but I will ask my client to have a look.

0 Kudos