Destination Users not getting emails....

• 17 August 2018
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Bad day with k2 today..

This was working fine, but then all of a sudden, destination users for the process i am working on are not getting the approver emails...

Workspace shows that the destination users are there in the Activity, but none of them are getting the email notification.

I restarted the K2 service, restarted the server, still same issue.

Other processes and workflows are fine. Like i said, it was working fine, now all of a sudden no emails... There are no errors and Status is Active for the default client event.

Any ideas why this has happened all of a sudden??? Again, nothing was changed in my destination rule at all.

K2 is soooo frustrating at times...

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Is anything related to exchange appearing in the logs within the hostserverin folder? You may find more detail on the issue there

Userlevel 3
Badge +16
I already tested another process and those approvals came through fine on the same approver

It's this process that has suddenly stopped working

This is happneing in Exchange, or it is happning in the K2 configuraton to Exchange.  Most likely the former.

Work with ayou Exchange Administrator to see if messages are going.  You may also have to check MSMQ services, gte help form your Opertations team, to see if messages are trapped in there.  If the issue is not in Exchange, then open a Support ticket to troubleshoot the MSMQ possbilities.

Badge +10
I have seen if the k2 mailbox on exchange has too many messages from email approvals, there can be issues. Moving the old messages to a different folder helped.
Badge +10

Hi Sharpharp1,

Did you make changes to the process and deploy? Did you make any changes to the email that gets sent? Since things are still working in other processes, you can check the Host Server logs for any errors that might show up when an email is sent. Client event notifications don't break the workflow if they fail, unlike email events.

You can also check the EventBus.ClientRecorderError table in the K2 database to see if something is happening when the messages are going through the message queues. (For instance, if there are issues with SmartObjects contained within the email subject or body, the errors will usually end up in this table)

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses, the mailbox of the users is fine because they receive approval emails from other forms/processes i have.

It's just this one that has stopped working.
I will continue to try other ways today to get this working,

@Emily, found a few of these in the hostlogs: ,"Error","IdentityService","64007","IdentityServiceError","IdentityService.ProviderCacheIdentity:RoleProvider.GetGroup","64007 Provider did not return a result for K2:domainMyUser

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

That is very strange that the issue seems related to one specific process... can you update that process to (temporarily) only assign the task to you, and see if you get the e-mail when it is simplified in this way? Maybe it is having an issue with one of the participants on this particular task.

Userlevel 3
Badge +16
Had no choice but to rebuild the segment of the workflow again from scratch, it worked this time...