Document Generation step fails when parsing the url of local site-relative path

• 9 September 2020
  • 4 replies

While fetching data from a sharepoint list richtext  item data that contaings current site URL, to generate word document the doc gen step fails because the rich text converts the absolute path of current site to  relative url like --> '/sites/xxxxxxxxx.aspx'. when the rich text field has such relative url, the document generation step fails. i used replace substring step to relace the /sites/  with the current environment domain name like https://mycompanydomain.sharepoint.com/  and it gets replaced properly and assigned the replaced rich text content to a string and assigns that string in the document tagger in word document. But i get word document with Full HTML content without the HTML gettting parsed like this.

8875i48666474FE3374CB.png

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Pugal_CEI Because you are storing it in a string variable it is no longer seen as rich text, if you update the existing rich text column with your changed text and then use that tag it should do what your looking for. 

Thanks for the reply. But i am sorry i could not get you what you say. could u please explain me bit elaborately. i am in dire need of the resolution as this is a production issue

Thanks for the reply. i did the same what you said. I used the text variable to replace the relative url value with http://domainname.sharepoint.com/sites value and saved it in a text variable and i updated the item column back with this replaced text variable and i tagged this updated item column  in the word document tagger. 

but still i get the same error message as attached in this message.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Pugal_CEI looks like the data didn't get updated on the list item correctly. That error still has a site relative reference in it, I would confirm the data in the rich text field you updated looks correct. If you are still getting errors i would suggest contacting support(support@nintex.com).