Solved

Display list of related items from another list

• 30 July 2020
  • 2 replies

I need to display several items from another list in the same site inside the form, and am using the online new responsive designer. For some context, it is an incident list that needs to have one or more "Actions" assigned but they want to manage the Actions as a separate list (for several reasons) so I can't use a repeating section and several fields. 

In the perfect world I could automatically link the actions to the ID of the current Incident item, although that's more a workflow question that I an investigating. So will settle for them manually creating the actions and linking them via a lookup list back to the Incidents list. 

But the real need is to display those actions within a page on the form so they can see all the related data together. I have seen articles about a display list control but that is only for on-premise forms I believe.

icon

Best answer by EuanGamble 13 August 2020, 00:30

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @phil_duffy,

It sounds like you need a 'List View' style control which is only available in the Classic designer in Nintex Forms for SharePoint (on-prem).

We definitely see a use case, but its not on the roadmap right now.

The only suggestion I have is to use a dynamic URL linking to a filtered view in a SharePoint list. which would open in a new tab. I have put a video together showing how I would solve for this requirement.

Cheers,

Euan

Disappointing answer but understand. And I was thinking about a dynamic filter view but couldn't get it to work so this gives me one workable solution at least. Thanks!