Default value when the form opens

• 3 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I've been searching theses forums, googling the internet and trying a number of possibilities using the Nintex product to set a default value for example the current user that is logged on, or the current date in a read only field. How can I do this using the new responsive designer ?

I have created a new list that only has a title

(1) Added a short entry field, not connected to a sharepoint column. There is a default value entry field, but this does nothing ?

(2) Added different variations on the same rules to have this field on my form set, as well with the current user display name as with the current date.

The goal is to have this field filled in when my form opens

I must be missing something, but I'm not able to find a solution to this basic question. Any ideas ?

Thank you,

Marc

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

Are you testing in preview mode or after publishing the form?
My testing showed that the Current User Display name does not show in Preview mode but it does after the form is published and opened as a new item from the list.
Badge +2

Hi,

I was trying to use it in edit mode after publishing the form.

It works, as long as you are the only one who uses the form 😞

Scenario to break it:

(1) A new custom list with only a title.

(2) Create an edit form with this title and a new "text - short" field, "not connected", "default value" the context "current user name display name". Publish the form

(3) Create a new item. Yes, the text field is initialized with my display name, it works 🙂. Submit the new item.

(4) Go to the custom list with a different user. Open the item you just added as the other user. The Nintex form opens and it shows the display name of the "PREVIOUS" user that you have used to create the item 😞  It should show the display name of my "different user" 😉

Thank you,

Marc