Solved

Customize Edit Task Form

• 24 February 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +9

Hi All, 

I have UAT with customer about Nintex workflow. The State Machine workflows works for their business process.

State machine has 4 states. Account Manage (AM) (Initiator – fills the form) and submit to Site Program Manager (SPM) for approval. SPM verifies the AM’s form, enter his comments and submit to Project Manager (PM) for further Approval.  This workflow works.

However, customer felt that there are many steps for any approval steps when I showed the out of the box approval Nintex workflow. Following is the current step by step:     

Current process:

• AM gets email notification (Send Email Action) that he received ticket is pending for approval from SPM and SPM gets an email for approval as follows:

The first 1st link is the link SharePoint task title and 2nd part the workflow task link:

3rd is the Related Item with 4th associated List link for that specific ID. Site program manager clicks on the Related item as shown:

• As it’s a Display Form, SPM has to click on Edit item

199904_pastedImage_5.png

• SPM has to put his comments for his part within the form

• SPM has again go to that email and click on 1st Link for approval / reject

199906_pastedImage_7.png
  • Later SPM Approves or Rejects

199907_pastedImage_8.png

• Task gets strikes off from the Workflow Task list.

and Project Manager stage is also shown above.

• Need to go the List that is associated for his part which is SPM.

Customer told that SPM, Project Manager has lot of clicks and process should be optimized for workflow with lesser clicks.

Challenge

Customer suggested to customize edit task form within the workflow when SPM received emails link, it should directly access the workflow tasks page for that particular task link in the editable mode.   

• When I try to modify, the task edit form for the SPM task approval as follows

I get the default Nintex layout, which is VERY different from my custom Nintex layout. Yes, I can modify the comments section for the SPM Comments Part 2 and delete or hide other fields within this new task form.

Q: Is the correct behavior of customized Edit Task form?

• Q: :Are my steps are correct in terms of process using OOTB?  
  •  Q: What is best way to meet this requirement where approver SHOULD be able to go to workflow task page and task should open in the editable mode?   

Any recommendations are highly appreciated.  

icon

Best answer by ArohShukla 27 February 2017, 13:33

View original

4 replies

Badge +9

‌ ..any suggestions please?

Badge +9

Hi everyone, 

I had discussion with customer and I managed to get just 1 click when an approver receives an email, and  Approved / Reject options with his comments.

Here was my configuration to achieve this: 

1. Modified the “Request Approval – State Machine” workflowand for SPM task approval, updated the “Edit Task Form”

2. The task edit form showed the default Nintex Layout.

I have modified the task form where SPM can fill his comments, select project manager as follows:  

3. SPM will receive an email notification as shown. SPM will click on “Site Program Manager – ePB-2017…” link.

4. The newly Task form is in the Editable Mode were SPM can fills in his/her comments  in SPM comments section, choose the next approver and  perform Approve / Reject as follows:

5. Once approved, the workflow status shows SPM status to be COMPLETED and next state, Project Manager is triggered.

Thank you. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Sandy,

Looks like you've had some  progress on this, that being said:  are you able to distill the remaining questions you have as it'll allow for everyone looking at this thread to help you more easily?

Thanks,
Mike

Badge +9

Hi Mike Matsako

As the request was urgent for customer, I asked the above questions.

• Is the correct behavior of customized Edit Task form?

After some research, I found that when I customized the Edit Task Form, it keeps the default Nintex layout.

• What is best way to meet this requirement where approver SHOULD be able to go to workflow task page and task should open in the editable mode?  

After testing with customers, I found that below solution works well.

All  my questions are answered.