Solved

Create task from another list

• 18 March 2017
  • 9 replies

Badge +4

I have a two part question relating to List A & B:

1) I created a workflow that will create a new task item in List B when a new item is created in List B - mapping a description (multiple lines of text) to a name (single line of text). In the test environment, it creates the item perfectly with the description matching the name. When I do it in the production environment, there is <div class="ExternalClassEBE167AC80AF4518BCA70D3A0566E875">DESCRIPTION<span id="ms-rterangecursor-start"></span><span id="ms-rterangecursor-end"></span></div>. Why would it do this here when in my sandbox SharePoint it doesn't?

2) Same workflow, I want to Start a Workflow in the List B when the new item from List A is created. I put a 5 min pause after the create list item action but the Start a Workflow action comes back with this error every time 'Cannot contact sire at the specified URL https:xxxx.sharepoint.com/xx/. There is no Web named "/xxx/xxxxxx/xxxx".' This happens in both my sandbox and the production SharePoint where I have full control permissions. I tried adding certain trusted sites to my browser (e.g., *.sharepoint.com) but that didn't seem to make any difference.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by seattle17 23 March 2017, 22:31

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello,

1) I suspect you will notice that your column "description (multiple lines of text)" is set to Plain Text where it is working, and some other setting (other than Plain Text) where it is rendering the markup.  Go into List Settings and compare how you have this description column setup in each and you will see the difference there.

2) This one sounds like the URL is not correct.   Can you confirm the URL?  Can you try it without HTTPS?   There is something going on here with either the target or destination URL.  Maybe try to copy and paste the URL from how you have it configured in the action directly into your browser to see if it resolves - it sounds like it won't.

Thanks,

Mike

Badge +4

Hi Mike,

#1 - worked, thanks!

#2 - I have confirmed the URL and it's correct and changing the https doesn't make a difference. At the end of the error "There is no Web named https://xxxxxxx.sharepoint.com/teams/xxxxxxxx/AllItems.aspx/_vti_bin/sites/asmx". I'm wondering if that end bit "_vti_bin/sites/asmx" means anything - what do you think? 

Thanks,

BreAna

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello,

Glad #1 worked. 

For #2 can you try the following:  

Inside your StartWorkflow action - make sure Destination site URL is set to the reference found under Workflow Context called Current Site URL - so your entry will appear like this once its selected:   {Workflow Context: Current site URL} 

Make sure workflow type is selected is "List"

Make sure Item ID points to the Item ID that you wish to start the workflow on.

Make sure Sharepoint URL is your base Sharepoint URL:  

Make sure user name is set to: 

Let me know once you do that it should start properly.  I'm guessing it in one of the two URL specified above. Note the difference between Destination URL and Sharepoint URL.

Thanks,

Mike

Badge +4

Hey Mike,

Now it's saying "Item does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user." I have the Create List Item action set to capture a GUID then have that same GUID variable used in the Start Workflow configuration. I also tried the workflow with and without a 5 min pause but it didn't change the error. All the other configurations are as you noted above. I feel like we're getting closer...

Thanks,

BreAna

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

What are you setting as the List Item ID that you are targeting to Start the Workflow on?   For a test, hard-code a known existing ID into this slot and see if it works (go to list B and make visible the "ID" column in the list and then choose one to hard-code for this test).   If this fixes it, then all you have to do is figure out how to target the correct ID in your workflow.  Let me know your results.

Thanks,

Mike

Badge +4

In the "Create List Item" action I have the workflow gathering the ID value and putting it in a variable "ItemID" and I'm using that variable in the "Start Workflow" action. When I hard-code it for a test, using a known ID # from the List B it still doesn't work. It gives me the same error "Item does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user." In the Suspended info it just says "Details: ServiceNoResponse".

Thanks,

BreAna

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Would you mind sharing a picture of your configuration for StartWorkflow action?   You can PM me if you do not wish to post it here.

Badge +4

I sent it to you via PM. Thanks for the help.

Badge +4

I got help today from Nintex Support and the ONLY problem was my Pause for Duration - {outside of the Workflow Context: Current Site URL}. We changed it from 5 mins to 1 min and now the workflow functions as needed. Apparently, the 5 mins was too long and it was timing out (assumption). I can't believe it was that easy...but it was.

‌ - thanks for your help!

‌ - thanks for yours as well.