Solved

Create Folder with Office 365 Create List Item or Document Set

• 21 January 2017
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

I am using the "Office 365 Create List Item or Document Set" to create a folder in a subsites document library and keep running into errors regarding the error "Folder for the new list item does not exist or the current user lacks permissions to the folder."

Is there an examples available that show the correct entries? Or can I not create a Folder, but just Document Sets?

icon

Best answer by navik 3 February 2017, 12:50

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi! Creating a folder is far more easy (when creating in the same site) - you just need to use action: "Create List Item" and set two attributes: Content Type ID (to "Folder") and Title. This way you can create a folder within the same site.

I haven' tried with the "Office 365 Create List Item or Document Set" but I believe it should allow creation of folder as well, as it is written: "If the specified path does not exist, the path will be created."

Maybe you should also declare two fields: "Content Type ID" with a value "Folder", and "Title" - with the name of the folder?

And in the end be sure, that the user whose credentials you are using in the action can in fact create a folder in the library, the action is attempting to created.

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +3

Hello,

I have the same error with "Office 365 Create List Item or Document Set" setting all parameters. 

I verified all my parameters according to your documentation Help Nintex.

For Information, i would like to create a document set.

I'm using a site workflow.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Ben Denison‌, ,

Be sure you have two option set:

1. If you want to use create list item‌ action and then to create a folder using "Content Type ID = Folder" and the Title then you must allow management of content types in the list setting:

AND allow creation of folders:
  2. If you want to use office 365 create list item‌ action than you only need to set creation of folders to "yes", as above.

Now if you want to use "Office 365" action, you need to provide the list name and a folder name you want to create, simply:

You do need also to provide mandatory fields (as Title) because if not - workflow will get suspended.

If you want to create a folder using "Create List Item" action, then its configuration should be as following:

I have created this test as a Site Workflow. It is attached below. Both folders are created after its execution is over:

Regards,

Tomasz

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

And just one remark. In the example above, when you use office 365 create list item‌ action providing "Folder name" that does not already exist and filling in mandatory fields, be aware you will not only get your folder created, but also an item inside of it

If, using that action, you only want to have your folder created you must set it as below - by providing both Content Type ID and other, mandatory fields BUT NOT its name in the path. Also you must allow management of content types in the list setting as shown above.

The configuration:

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +3

Thanks Tomasz for your examples. 

Do you success by creating your document set in your folder ?

Example :

YourFolder
|---YourNewDocSet

Badge +3

I found a solution for creating your new document set in folders.

My environment is in french so field "Nom" for you is "Name".

See below :

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Well in fact I wasn't struggling with creation of document sets. I never needed them  and never tried such operation. I'm glad however you succeeded doing this

Regards,

Tomasz

P.S.

If you find any of my answers as correct please mark them accordingly so that others will know what the solution is.