Solved

Corrective action Request

• 12 February 2017
  • 9 replies

Badge +5

I was trying to develop a workflow based on the one attached. My idea is to develop using state machine workflow and "Assign a task" action.

is this the right way to go about it ? or do nintex has some actions that helps for this kind of workflows.

one more thing apart form this, is there any way you can reduce the size of the workflow designer?

at the movement the images of actions and other things are too big and had to scroll left and right to get to

where you want to edit.

Regards

Kannan

icon

Best answer by TomaszPoszytek 16 February 2017, 10:19

View original

9 replies

Badge +7

Good day Kannan,

You can definitely use State machines and Assign Flexi Tasks to solve this workflow.  This will be a simple solution to implement on the workflow.

Are you trying to automate the form fill in as well with Nintex Forms?  Is this one form with different sections. 

Kind Regards

Badge +5

Thanks Francos, I couldn't find Flexi task, is it available in O365 ?

yes I will be using Nintex forms and yes it has arount 6 sections attached  is the form details.

I will have to hide and show based on current user. it will be great if you have an example of such forms some where.

Badge +7

Hi Kannan,

This will be possible to control this.  You will probably have to create and additional field that has the status in it, i.e. Part1, Part2, Part3, etc.  and every branch in your State Machine will update this status field.  You can then also display this on your form and according to this value you will hide or show panels with the Nintex Form rules but I will suggest that you build each part in its own panel control and then just hid or show the panel.

I think to try and do this by user will be a bit more tricky.  Will you be able to make it work on process status?

Let me know if you need assistance with this.

Badge +5

Thanks Francois, I will try as advised.

by the way I don't think Flexi task is available in Office365.

Badge +6

Hey Kannan Ahammed‌,

the "Start a task process" action ist the equivalent to the "Flexi Task" action: Start a task process 

Best regards,

Jan

Badge +6

Hi Kannan,

You can try with Start a Task Process(Assign a To - Do Task) which similar to Assign a Flexi-Task but you cannot do Lazy Approvals . If Lazy Approval is not required in your scenario you can better start a task process under different states of a state machine. You have to decide the flow of the WF as design your state machine.

Badge +5

Yes it is it has different sections.

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I agree. Definitely usage of state machines and "Assign a task" or "Start a task process" (based on how many approvers will be assigned to each task).

Important!

Neither a "To Do" task or "Flexi Task" exists in O365. 

• Advantage of a Flexi Task is the "delegation" functionality. You can workaround it by following steps described in this post: Delegation in O365 
  • Advantage of "To Do" task is that its outcome is always "approve", its just a review. You can workaround it by following steps described in this post:  

I hope it will help you

Regards,

Tomasz

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

In O365 there are no "To Do" tasks OOTB.