Copy major version of a document and preserve the Major version.

• 15 September 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge +9

Hi

This may or may not be a Nintex question .  I check  in a major version of a document at the end of my workflow an then use the Copy Document Action to place in another list.   The issue is I want to keep the version just updated the same as new or overridden copy of the doc in the destination library.

Can this be done with nintex ?

Daniel

6 replies

Badge +9

Hi,

Here is your answer, I believe

Regards,

Christophe

Badge +9

Hi

That looks really good. Thanks very much.   I can also use this approach in  Site Workflow to migrate the old documents to the new live library.  

Thanks again

Badge +9

Hi I had a go at this in using author.dll Office 365 but unfortunately , I can only see an Unauthorised response with no file copied to the destination library sitting in the same team site.

Call HTTP Request Service sits withing an App Step so permissions should be good

I have tried both textSourceFIlePath and textDestFilePath with these formats:

• {LibName}/{Name in Forms}
  • /{LibName}/{Name in Forms}
  • {Site Url}{LibName}/{Name in Forms}

I have checked the log history and the urls look fine - anybody else got this to work?

Badge +9

Hi Daniel,

Maybe contact Vadim Tabakman directly by adding @ followed by his name in your comment

Regards,

Christophe

Badge +9

Christophe

Good suggestion - funny enough I was watching some of the Ignite presentations yesterday which mentioned the @mention enhancements to the next versions of Outlook. 

‌ , have you tried your HTTP Web Service call against list items on SharePoint online.   I was going to try Postman today but I just wanted to know that this call is viable on Office 365.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I'm afraid I haven't tried with Online. 

sorry guys.

Vadim