Solved

Convert a Word document to PDF using Document Generation

• 1 October 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

I've got a trial version of Nintex for Office 365 and I'm trying to simply convert a Word document to a PDF. Basically a user drops off a Word document they have created into a drop off library, I want it to be converted to PDF and dropped into another library to go through a signing process.

The Document Generation action is very confusing. I don't want to use a template, I just want to convert my document. I also can't see the Convert Document option anywhere.

Does anyone know how to achieve my requirement in Office 365? Am I limited by trial the license?

Kind regards,

Rebecca

icon

Best answer by fhunth 2 October 2017, 04:44

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Princess Unikitty, from my knowledge, on O365 version is not available the Convert Document (It's for onpremise version).

The "Document Generation" action could create the PDF from a template.

Have a nice day.

There are another commercial products that can convert your SharePoint files to PDF.

Badge +5

Thank you for your response. A shame there's no way to achieve what I need. Templates will work in some of my scenarios but in others the word document just needs to be plainly converted to PDF. Here's a suggestion on feedback site: Update document and convert document controls for Office 365 version – Customer Feedback for Nintex, but they seem to have ignored the simple document conversion option and focused on the generation from templates.