Configuring user name and password for O365 actions

• 5 October 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hello all, I can't get any workflow actions to fire that require username and password, at first I was getting this message, "The username is invalid or does not exist, or the password is invalid for the username specified." then I re configured the settings to the snag below,Now nothing happens? nothing in the workflow history? I must be missing a step, do I need to query User profile or user info and get the user store it in a variable? thanks for any help, I am learning nintex on prem and online coming from SP designer.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi!

Check if there are no spaces after the login. That is a simple field - you only need to provide login and password, you can type them manually. Check also, if the user which you are using for this configuration has the permissions to execute specific action on a target asset.

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +3

Thanks for the response, there are no spaces, I am using my O365 username and password. I tried a test with a simple workflow without the login, Set Variable [varCurrentOrgCode], Log to history [varCurrentOrgCode], send an email to me. The log to history worked but the email did not arrive in outlook but the strange thing is on the Workflow History page it shows the email notification, I click on it and get a message that the item does not exist? this notification only exists on the history page, not the list view page.

So, I have been tearing my hair out for a week trying to solve the "invalid username" issue. This crucial info from Nintex helped me solve the problem... "Do you have some sort of custom login screen for your tenant?  The O365 actions call out to Nintex Live and Nintex then logs into the tenant to perform the action.  This is why a username and password is required in the action.  If the tenant has a nonstandard authentication the action may have issues trying to log into the tenant."

Well, we don't have a custom login screen, but we also don't have single sign-on (we have to login separately to O365).  I was using my own credentials in the Office 365 action (because that's what you do when you're testing right?). Therefore, Nintex was trying to login as me again, therefore causing a conflict. So I changed the login credentials in the action to a simple test user that has no special permissions and Hellelujah! it worked.

Badge +3

Does your organization use Multi Factor Authentication? What did you enter for a password? was the test user a real user from your organization?