Solved

Checking in as major version results in version 1.1

• 5 April 2017
  • 8 replies

I'm working in a document library that uses versioning (minor and major), but does not require check-out of documents.

I've created a workflow that does various things to a document in this library. The last thing that the workflow does is check the document in as a major version. However, when I go back to the library, the document has the version 1.1. 

After I check the document in, I write to the workflow log and change the workflow status, but surely these actions shouldn't affect the document itself, right?

What is strange is that the workflow log shows that the document was checked in as 1.0. Where does the new minor version come from?

Please help! Many thanks in advance. happy.png

Kasia.

icon

Best answer by TomaszPoszytek 5 April 2017, 09:45

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You can check in the item's version history, what is going on behind the scenes. Also - are you sure you do not have content approval feature turned on the library?

I can't tell whether setting a workflow status, what in fact updates properties of the item, does not create a minor version. Logic suggests it should. Try to first run the "set status" action and then "check-in" - will that work?

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +8

Hi Kasia Politalska,‌

Yes, both actions do not change the version.

Cheers,

Rick

Once again, thank you, Tomek! Jestes mistrz! 

I looked in the Version History, and it shows that the workflow changes its own status, and this creates a new version. It's totally not logical, right? A workflow status change should not affect the document, but apparently it does. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This is what we are here for  Dziękuję  Glad I could've helped you.

I'm working with the Nintex products for some time and believe me, I'm still finding myself surprised when something obvious works the other way round. Nintex for O365 is really special, as it is not that "mature" product as on premise versions, it doesn't have all the on premises functionalities etc.. But often there are clever workarounds.

Do not hesitate to ask your questions. Learning new things always takes some time

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +8

Which action do you use and what platform/version of Nintex workflow do you have?

Badge +6

Hi Kasia,

There is an exclusive WF action for versioning in Nintex WF. Capture document set version  . Please check on this and I feel there is nothing to do with setting the WF Status.Hope this helps.

Thanks

Bashya Rajan A

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Arr... But NOT IN O365.. So it doesn't help here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Kasia, if you find my answer as correct please mark it accordingly. Thanks!

Regards,

Tomasz