cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Check if a repeating section contains data

Is there a way to have an O365 workflow check to see if there are any repeating section form data?  I need to trigger an event that fires when the record is saved and the repeating section contains items.

Tags (1)
7 Replies
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Check if a repeating section contains data

David,

Not 100% sure if this will work on O365, but I would imagine it should.  You can set a condition or rule that if a field on the form is not blank then start the workflow. 

The other thing to do is a validation rule based on the form itself where an column must not be blank of submit. That should help you get what you are looking for.

Let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

In my case the Repeating section is blank until it reaches a certain stage in the process.  So a validation rule here would not work.

0 Kudos
Community Manager

David,

Based on your response, a validation rule could still work.  If for example you have a status field called "draft" and when the item is in pending, they are required to fill in the repeating section, this would still be a rule that could run against the form.  It would check that the first condition is met, and if so, then check the second.

That should get you what you were looking for or close to it.  If you have more info on the form and how the form is setup, I might be able to give even more help.

Eric

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Eric,

The repeating section can't be filled out until the initial form data has approved.  So in this case, I guess I could look into making the repeating section hidden or set the fields inside of the repeating section to read only initially.

David

0 Kudos
Community Manager

David,

That makes more sense as to what you are trying to do. 

My suggestion would be to take the repeating section in its entirety, and disable/hide it with a rule until it is needed, then display it. That would be the easiest thing and it removes it completely without you having to set each field in the repeating section to read only. 

Always do the least amount of clicks when possible

0 Kudos
Not applicable

I think that's what I will do. 

My next challenge is to figure out how to filter a list lookup in the repeating section.  from what I have read, this is not possible yet in the Office 365 version of Nintex Forms.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hey David, you're right this isn't yet available in Nintex Forms O365, here's the post for reference Does Nintex 2013 forms for Office 365 support list lookups

0 Kudos