Solved

Capture Assign Task approval comments for use later in an email

• 21 July 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge +9

Hi

I think I am getting confused with this so would welcome some advice

In my assign task I  store the Task Item Id in a variable. 

Is this the best way to retrieve comments (rejected) :

http://help.nintex.com/en-US/O365/Default.htm#O365WorkFlow/Getting to know NWO/Storing task form comments to variables.htm

approver comments.PNG

I notice the comments could be formatted as  a Json dictionary  so does this needs special handling.

The reason I ask Is I keep getting exception that hang my workflow and impede myprogress

Alternatively do I "Insert a Reference"  to capture current or all approver comments.

icon

Best answer by westerdaled 22 July 2016, 16:11

View original

5 replies

Badge +9

I did a query list Workflow Task  in the end and used the GUID = ApproveTaskId . The comments appear to come back in a collectication var  with a single entry.

Daniel

Badge +2

I also struggled with the list lookup method you described in your first post. Turns out, the task field you want to store in a variable is called "Comments", not "Approver Comments".

However, when configuring the Set a variable action, you'll notice there is no "Comments" field in the drop down.

To get round this, publish the workflow, run it so it creates the task at least once and then open your workflow in the designer. You'll notice the "Comments" field now appears on that same action. 

Badge +6

I thought I followed you on this but it does not seem to be working.  On the task, I set the task item ID to a text field (txt_LegalTaskID)

when updating the comment field in my list (LegalComment) I lookup from the Workflow Task list the Comments field where GUID = txt_LegalTaskID

Nothing is returned. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Try not using that sort of comparison, as I doubt it will work (GUID field holds different information than  ID).

Instead try getting list of tasks generated by the action looking them up by InstanceId = WorkflowContext.InstanceId

Regards,

Tomasz 

Badge +9

Comments are now available directly as an output, and can be entered via email: https://www.nintex.com/blog/whats-new-task-and-notification-improvements-for-nintex-for-office-365/