Solved

Cannot use Nintex Forms for content type - Is there a workaround / roadmap ?

• 10 March 2015
  • 6 replies

Badge +7

Hi all,

As per the subject I can see that Nintex Forms for Office365 does not allow the use of Content Types in a list.

So we can only customise a form on a list that has no content type (just SharePoint columns).

The problem is that I am planning to develop a site template containing a few lists with their forms customised in Nintex Forms and once ready the template will be used to create many Project sites and therefore using Content Type Hub would be a great to push any new columns to the dozens of sites and their lists in a single change (the point of CT Hub).

Has anyone tried a workaround ?

Nintex = Is there a roadmap to include Content Types like SharePoint on Premises ?

thank you,

icon

Best answer by sharepointfranc 23 April 2015, 18:28

View original

6 replies

Badge +7

OK, since I am pretty sure that Nintex Forms cannot be encapsulated within the content type but within the list (just like on-premises)  I have started a new post to discuss multiple lists and 1 form then.

Use one form in multiple site/lists 

Badge +5

I am not sure if this is the reason or not, but the content type is flagged as read only, this is why Nintex can not add the hidden column FormData to it thus can't use it for the form.

Un-flag the content type as read only will solve the issue, but is it a best practice or not? I don't think so.

Badge +7

Actually since the post I manage to prove that Yes Nintex forms does allow customising all content types and not just the default content types so my post/question was incorrect.

Will close it now.

Badge +7

Emily Billing​ not sur eI am allowed to close/archive post however.

Badge +5

It is working by default for content types, but not the ones flagged as read only. so we still need a solution for this one. should I open another thread?

Badge +5

So Content Types created from the content type hub are read only ones.

If I change it to be read/write, and Nintex added the hidden columns, what will happen when the content type hub syncs the content types?