cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Can you add multiple views or forms for the same list in nintex ?

Jump to solution

What am trying to creat a multi level state machine work flow, for each level there has to be different forms. For example normal user will see and fill some info, manager , director, HR, accounts will see and fill some extra data.

Regards

Kannan

Tags (1)
5 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Can you add multiple views or forms for the same list in nintex ?

Jump to solution

Two options - You can have multiple forms on a list, each form is tried to a content type, so adding multiple content types allows multiple forms, and as the process goes you can change content type associated and user will get a different form. You will be required to maintain multiple forms in this case.

Option two is to use a status column to drive what is shown on the form, using panels with rules to hide what isn't relevant at the certain point in the process.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thanks Warsick I will try that. do you have a video or article for the same ?

currently I am testing the form by putting a panels and disabling controls based on groups.

fn-IsMemberOfGroup('groupname').

Sorry my Questions may look basic, I have only started the trials a couple of days back.

Regards

Kannan

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hey Kannan,

I thinkWarwick Ward has already brought you on the right track and to use fn-IsMemberOfGroup('groupname') is also a good approach! :)

I found two good articles about showing and hiding controls with Nintex Forms, maybe that helps:

Show or hide controls with Rules in Nintex Forms 

Best regards,

Jan

Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Can I go ahead and mark ‌ response as correct, or did you want to? What he described is the closest you will get to having "views" at the moment.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi mike , sorry I haven't got a chance to test it as it is the weekend here in Dubai. I will update it on Sunday.

Regards

Kannan

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>

0 Kudos