Can't Add Managed Metadata to a Form - Insufficient Permissions

Badge +8

I am trying to add managed metadata column directly from the form. I keep getting a "Current User Has Insufficient Permissions to perform this operation." message. I am both a Site Collection Administrator and a group manager for the MMD termstore on the Site Collection I am working from.

Please advise.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Just checking the small things, in Admin, is the termset Available for Tagging? And not set as a navigation termset?

Badge +8

Yes. All looks correct with the term set. Here is another observation...

1. In SharePoint, I successfully created a new managed metadata column in my list. I set it to use a different term set  - -one that is not set as navigation and is available for tagging.
  2. In Nintex forms, that managed metadata column is not displayed in the List Columns Form Controls.

Thoughts?

Badge +7

Hi guys,

I know that Managed Metadata is not yet available and is on the road map, however I was curious to know how people are currently managing the lack of it for their online forms.

For instance: I want my users to have a SP list which uses a list of all cities / countries to select from, hence from Term Store, and I also want them to have a nicer Forms with Nintex, but doing so will lose the selection within the list of cities/countries.

My idea would be for now to have a duplicate field [City_manual] which is a choice with the list of all cities (damn long, may reach limit!) and then a workflow to write the value of [City_manual] into [City] (termstore field).

then this approach allows me to use the Managed Metadata field when/if released later just by deleting the [City_manual] and showing the original field on the form.

Is that how you guys do in the interim or do you just ignore the Managed Metadata totally until there is actually one in Nintex Forms ?

many thanks,

Francois.

Badge +8

I just ignore.

Badge +9

Hi

I have the same question and I don't believe there are larger Nintex customers out there that aren't using Metadata columns in their Forms. Metadata columns and mapped to the People Term Group which set as default in the User Profile for most organisations.  the bottom line is I won't be able to go beyond the current Trial of Office 365 Forms with my client, without some workaround ahead of when this feature is added to the product.

A custom Taxonomy Picker Control + JavaScript perhaps?

Daniel

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi all,

We recognise that the managed metadata control is important to your business processes and have begun the work on the control for Office365.

We will keep you updated on UserVoice​.

Cheers,

Euan

Badge +9

Euan

I get this will need put through the dev and qa cycle.  I have had to think of a workaround to get passed this so I can still use the cascading lookups.

Daniel

Badge +8

Do not forgot about an better support for managed metadata within workflows.

Tank you,

regards Oliver