Dashboard to view users tasks and Workflows

Hello guys! 

I was wondering if you could help me...

Do you know if K2 has a dashboard or something to view the tasks that each user has?

The situation here is that a manager needs to see how many and which tasks are assigned to an especific or several users and if able, to see the progress of the workflow.

Something like this:

16230i9D5744FF92B29CD6.jpg

I know that K2 has the Activity Instances Grid. That's exactly what I need, the only problem is that it doesn't show the users involve in the task or the progress of the workflow.

Do you know how can I do this?

Thanks in advance.

5 replies

Badge +9

Hi Kaibaman,

• You can use “Activity Instance Destination” SmartObject to create dashboard. Which helps you to get details including Status, destination user and Action.

Which is available under “Workflow reports” >” Workflow General”.

•  You can also create a custom report using "Activity Instance Destination" SMO for same which will help you to group the result as per your requirement.

•  While for the Activity Instances Grid you can Show Report using Dropdown List control.
    • Fetch all user using SMO and bind it to Dropdown list , keep FQN as its value. 

• Now add Event rule when ddl  value changed

• Under this rule add Action rule “Execute a control's method” (available under Control Interaction)

• In Configuration for input mapping, map ddl value to user control.

• Now when u select a user from DDl it will display that user specific details on grid.

Let Me know If this helps you

I'm kinda new to K2 and I'm using K2 Web designer... Can you please give me a visual example to get the idea? 

Thank you!

Hello again, I've working with that what you told and I can't find a way to do the bidings in a correct way. Can you guide me in the right direction? Thanks in advance

Badge +8

Hello Kailbaman,

The easiest way to do this is to create a seperate form for the viewflow. I generally do this with every process I build. I build a navigation bar in the form that allows the users to toggle from a search for to a viewflow form and even to the entry form.

The first thing I do is build a form called "Process Name"_ViewFlow

In this form I drag in my reusable header with company logo and the navigation view. 

I then from the control panel on the right I drag a "Worklist" control into the form.

Notice the tabs at the top of the box. The participants tab will show everyone who has touched the workflow and how long it took them to action it. The overview shows you basic information about the workflow. Where it is at, sthe status, the start date and how long it has been running. 

I hope this helps. You can also create a search list. I generally build one of these with each process as well. The search list is just a list view of the entry data. On click I populate the item view below.  The idea is someone can search the list and when they find the item they are looking for they can click on it and the form previews below for reference.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Bryan Peters

Badge +8

I forgot that I already had a post with screenshots on the forum or I would have just shared it with you. Here is the reference incase it has any additional information.

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Using-a-button-on-a-form-to-see-workflow-progress/m-p/96733#M31303 

Thanks,

Bryan Peters