cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can a Nintex workflow send an email to a Sharepoint group?

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I have a simple workflow that is just meant to send an automatic notification email when a document is updated. It works fine when I put in specific users in the 'to' field of the email. However, the actual list of recipients is ~40 people, and in order to manage this I had created a SP group "Email recipients" and wanted to send the email to this group. When I do this, the workflow hangs (although it doesn't suspend), and I get the following error message:

Retrying last request. Next attempt scheduled after 04/04/2016 16:54. Details of last request: HTTP Unauthorized to https://sshic.sharepoint.com/sites/IMS/_api/sp.utilities.utility.SendEmail Correlation Id: 4138bc63-6489-bf7e-9c24-3470a42073f0 Instance Id: 90513b60-a869-4700-b5e0-5b565c987b71 Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource.

It works fine for a smaller Sharepoint group (4 people)... I have no idea what could be causing this problem. Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Ratchetman xx

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Can a Nintex workflow send an email to a Sharepoint group?

Jump to solution

Are you starting the workflow in both cases with the same user?

Please check within the Group settings, if everyone is allowed to view the Groupmembers (It's a common pitfall )

BR oli

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: Can a Nintex workflow send an email to a Sharepoint group?

Jump to solution

Thanks Oli.

I had managed to get it working yesterday by trying several small things I'd found in forums - the user who was initiating the workflow was listed as a member and also as an owner (thought that shouldn't cause a problem), the group didn't have any permissions (thought every user in the group had read permissions from the site visitors group), and as I now realise, the group was set to "only group members can view the membership of this group". In hindsight it's obvious that that would cause the problem.

Thanks again for helping me figure it out

Ratchetman xx