Solved

Can I use a list form in a Site Component Workflow?

I have designed a Nintex List Form which is sent to 25 countries asking Approval/Conditional Approval or Rejection for the use of raw materials in products.  Some countries have some extra sensitive material questions which we want to suppress/hide from the other countries.  I can do this in the List Workflow but don't know if I can do it in the Site Component Workflow.

icon

Best answer by wooly 4 July 2018, 06:47

View original

3 replies

Badge +9

Hi David,

A List Workflow can start a Component Workflow, so if you have a workflow run on form submission, then you can choose to start the appropriate component workflow from the list workflow. 

One advantage of this is the forms can all be submitted to one location, but the component workflows can be in a different site(s) to the list workflow that is calling it.

Callum

Thanks for the response Callum.  That partially answers my question.  I have a list workflow calling a component workflow which has an attached form.  Within the form we have a choices selection as to which country manager the task is assigned too.  So far I can successfully pass the task to a country but unfortunately I cannot change the Assign Task in the Component Workflow to look at a separate list which contains the Country Manager emails.  Somehow I will need the task to lookup the defined country in this separate list and return the email address to be used at the Assign Task in the email.

cheers

David

We have found a resolution/solution to this issue by being able to select fields from the list of Country Managers based on the criteria of meeting the country named in the Title field.