Can I hide calculation controls in Responsive forms and still have them working?

• 24 August 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge +11

I have a series of selectors resulting in numbers for risk level. There is also a cost field.

I have nested-If calculated value controls working out the correct level for each input (including the cost amount).

I need to have the highest of all the calculated levels to show as the Approval Level. This can be done using the runtime max() formula. But this will not work by directly pulling calculated Levels in a list of named controls inside the max() brackets; I need to concatenate these in to one Calc Value control and put this inside the max() brackets. This all works fine - but I want to hid the concatenated value, but still have it used to calculate the Approval Level. But when I hide the concatenated Calc Value control the Approval Level control is also hidden.  Previously, with classic forms, I would have hidden the Calc Value control behind another control, or changed the colour of the text and background to match the form. But I cannot see how I can do this using the restricted theme controls on the responsive forms. 

Does anyone have any suggestions around this?

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

‌ /

This is an example where custom CSS would be good to add back in to the Responsive forms.

I have always added a class .hideFromForm{visibility:hidden} and used that to hide multiple calculations from the user (they just need the final product, not the different things that go into the calculation).

If you do a display:none, it breaks subsequent calculations.

Having a visibility:hidden option, where we could stick calculations and hide them down at the bottom of the form would be quite useful.  Whether that is something you could add for us, or give us back custom CSS fields.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

p.s., I added a user voice about this: 

Add new Hide Control option (visibility:hidden) to Responsive Forms – Customer Feedback for Nintex 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Thanks ‌. I will discuss with the development teams.

Cheers,

Euan

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Good suggestion ‌. I will raise it with the development team.

Badge +11

Thank you - I have posted a comment on the Brent's suggestion, and given a full 3 votes. Now I need to think about if I should rewrite this form in Classic....

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi ‌,

I know you run a hybrid environment and form variable user. Would form variables in Office 365 fulfill this requirement? Just wondering if we already have a UserVoice request for this?

Cheers,

Euan

Badge +11

Yes - I think Form Variables, as we have used these on-prem, would replace the use of the intermediate Calc Value control.

From the user voice site, this looks the closest:

https://nintex.uservoice.com/forums/218293-4-nintex-forms-for-office-365/suggestions/13132383-ability-to-have-variables

I have commented on this before - as a way to move calculations off the form surface, and so improve load time.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Thanks Shaun Junor-Oiwa‌. I will chat to the development team and see what effort is involved.