Calculated column and workflow corrupted

• 2 August 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Hi everyone ! 

I had an issue this monday when I tried to import a workflow in the production environment. 
I couldn't import it, the only thing I got was a pop-up with a message (I don't remember exactly the sentence) which said "Can't import the workflow, it's corrupted".

It is a huge workflow with many actions and a state machine. So I started to delete branch by branch to see where was the problem.

And I found it, in the email of a Task. 

The email had a lot of column linked, but only one was making an issue. It was a Calculated Column.

So I tried to import the workflow on the same site and *boom*, same pop-up.

Has anyone had the same problem ? 

And if yes, why would a Calculated column do that ?

Thank you.

3 replies

Badge +11

If you all the columns are site columns with exactly the same names and there should be no issue. Sometimes you can only see the original column name in the url when you're editing it. Calculated columns are linked ot other columns - if the looked up column on the new list is not exactly the same (check the URL, whilst editing), there may be issues. Using the same site / content type columns should prevent this.

Badge +9

Hi Pierre,

Shaunlub is correct in saying that if all column names referenced in the import exist they will be mapped correctly, this enables moving workflows across sites. However the expected behaviour on importing a workflow to a site where a list/column does not exist is simply to invalidate the token, so the action will be unconfigured when imported because there is no match. The corrupted error message is not expected at this point.

Are you getting a correlation ID with the error message on import? It may be worth contacting Nintex support on this as it is not the expected outcome when there is something wrong with a field.

Thanks

Callum

Badge +4

Hello again,

Thank you for your answers.

The problem is not about the internal name of the columns. It's a list workflow, I tried to import it on the same list and I still have this error.

I have a correlation ID, and I'm talking with the support right now.

I'll let you know what it's all about.

Regards,

Pierre Nouet