Both 'Workflow for Office 365' and 'Nintex Forms for Office 365' NOT working??

• 5 November 2020
  • 9 replies

Hello,

I've reached out to Nintex support many times and have not received the help I need so I'd like to turn to the community for support.

I was able to successfully add the Trial version for both 'Workflow for Office 365' and 'Nintex Forms for Office 365' to my tenant, as I can see both Apps when viewing my Site Contents and in the ribbon when in my custom list.

However, BOTH icons, when clicked, are not functioning as intended!  

• Nintex Workflow shows an 'Oops... Something went wrong' message asking me to view the status of Nintex 
  • Nintex Forms continually spins without stopping. It does not load after 10, 15, 20, 30 minutes... It just keeps on spinning.

Is there anyone out there that has experienced this problem and found a solution? Nintex Support is not very quick and I have a deadline coming up to present to my managers.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
HI,

Looking at the screen shots it appears that you are using Google Chrome in incognito mode. Add another person to Chrome instead.
This should solve the Nintex Forms issue at the very least.

If Nintex workflow does not load try adding the following to the trusted sites.
*.nintex.com
*.sharepoint.com
*.nintexo365.net
*.nintex.io

Thanks for the reply @SimonMuntz 

After opening the SharePoint site again on Edge (without incognito/private mode) the Nintex Forms is now working! 

Unfortunately, the Workflow component is still not working. I've added the listed addresses to my Trusted Sites but to no avail. Are there any other recommendations you might have?

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Glad to hear that Nintex Forms is now working.

I think the next thing would be to make sure that Workflow Manager is working on the tenant. Install SharePoint designer and try creating a workflow on the 2013 platform.

@SimonMuntz 

I've reached out to Microsoft Support and received the response below -

"Hello Alex,

This is Jai  from Office 365 Support. I am the Microsoft agent handling your support request.  

I attempted to call you Today, however there was no answer and the call went straight to voicemail.

Regarding your support case, my understanding from your description is this is a SharePoint 2013 Server, if this is the case this is then something Microsoft Office 365 support doesn't support, primarily because we're 365 support so all the online based features of Microsoft.

If it is Server Support, I have provided a link below for you to raise a direct support case with Server Support -

I had a little look for any documents that may also be handy for you, here is two different documents from Microsoft about installing and configuring a workflow for a SharePoint server, the other is a dedicated video guide by Microsoft - 

If you have any questions, please do let me know and I will try and answer them depending on if we can support the question. Also, if you're happy for me to close this case as it isn't something we support, please do let me know and I will achieve it."

Apparently, it looks like they think I'm speaking about the SharePoint server 2013 rather than O365. Is there a way to connect with you to troubleshoot this trial? Is there a workflow we can create in SharePoint Designer 2013? I really would just like a clear path to installing this trial...

Hi @SimonMuntz ,

Please disregard the previous message. I was able to finally connect SharePoint Designer 2013 with my site collection and was also able to create and publish a basic workflow on a custom list.

I believe this confirms access to the SharePoint Workflow engine you've mentioned previously. However, when going back into my custom list and clicking on 'Nintex Workflow' in the ribbon, I am still seeing the "Oops... something went wrong'' message.

Can you please advise me on next steps?

Thank you for your time and patience,

Alex

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
The following Knowledge Base article advises to clear the browser cache and re-add the app.

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Error-quot-Oops-something-went-wrong-Please-visit-status-nintex/ta-p/89612

@SimonMuntz 

Hi Simon,

I followed the Knowledge Base article exactly as written and still can not access the Workflow for Office 365 application. I've deleted both apps from Site Contents, from the App Management module in SharePoint Admin Center, re-added the app both in the site collection and in the SharePoint Admin Center. I've attached pictures for your reference. 

I've also tried creating a new site collection and adding Nintex there. Same issue: Nintex Forms launches fine but Workflow for Office 365 still shows the 'Oops... Something went wrong' error.

Is there any way we can set up a Teams or WebEx session to help troubleshoot? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

For a live meeting please contact Nintex support.
In the mean time I spun up a test tenant and tried to install the Nintex Workflow app. I found I had a similar issue to you.

I was able to resolve the issue by running the following powershell command Set-SPOTenant -DisableCustomAppAuthentication $false

Download SharePoint Online Management shell, connect to your tenant and run the command and wait about 5 minutes.
thanks 🙂 It worked for me:
1) To install Sharepoint online managmment shell, I followed
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/sharepoint/sharepoint-online/connect-sharepoint-online?view=sharepoint-ps
2) then I run the command :
Set-SPOTenant -DisableCustomAppAuthentication $false
and it worked. thanks Simon